The 20 Most Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics On Religion
An argumentative essay (sometimes referred to as a persuasive essay) is a kind of text that presents the author’s opinion on a particular problem supported with examples and evidence from their life, history, literature, etc. In this essay, the author not only presents their point of view, but also defends and justifies it, providing different arguments for or against it.
Like most essays, an argumentative essay should start with a catchy introduction that states the problem, attracts the readers’ attention to the topic in question, and provides the thesis that will be proved or rejected over the course of the text. In the main body, the author should lay out their arguments concerning the analyzed issue, supplementing them with appropriate examples and facts. Finally, a conclusion should sum up all your findings and outline the result of the research.
This article provides you with 20 interesting argumentative essay topics on religion. It might be quite complicated to discuss and prove issues and notions of a philosophical or religious nature, but the list of topics suggested below should help you organize your thoughts and write an effective essay.
- Is atheism a problem of the 21st century?
- Should teen marriages be allowed by the church?
- Religion as a secondary school subject.
- Christian views about same-sex marriage.
- God — a well-elaborated myth or reality?
- Friendship and love: can they coexist?
- Why is the Bible the most popular book in the world?
- What makes people change their religion?
- Is religious affiliation important in the modern world?
- Praying and faith vs. conventional medicine: what helps more?
- The functions of priests in the church of the 21st century.
- The role of religious communities in modern cities.
- Should church be separated from the state?
- Polygamous marriages in Islamic tradition.
- Cloning: religious point of view.
- Should religious leaders be involved in politics?
- The problems of interfaith families.
- Religious tolerance in public schools.
- Abortion: a personal decision or a deadly sin?
- The purpose of religion in present-day life.
The notion of religion is very broad. It is both personal and global. It is related to various spheres of human life, and is interconnected with many subjects and academic disciplines. Religious topics can be studied from completely different perspectives and angles. The above-mentioned topics should help you find the theme that you are interested in, that is most related to your course.
Looking for help with essay or term paper? Hire an exert essay writer from Mycustomessay.com - professional essay writing service.
The study of religion as a separate science began to form in the XIX century when philosophical, theological, historic, psychological and other knowledge had been accumulating during centuries. This factor unites content and structure of the science. Nowadays, religious studies review covers regularities of appearance, development, and function of religion, its various phenomena, as they were presented in history of society, interconnection and mutual interaction of religion, and other cultural spheres. Religion is being studied at a level of society, groups, and personality. If you want to make religion a part of your future profession, then you will be definitely required to write such document as resume. If you face difficulties writing it, you can always find some religious resume samples online.
The key point in secular study of religion is philosophical content; at least, it is caused by means of two circumstances. In the first place, the main thing is development of the most universal notions and theories of object that assist specific sciences (literary studies, folklore studies, philology, legal science, anthropology, study of art, and others) when considering religion in their own sight. In the second place, research of religion inevitably addresses philosophically belief questions about person, society, and world. At this point, the given study relies on legacy of philosophical idea, history of natural and social sciences, particularly on achievements of contemporary technological revolution, scientific explanation of religion. Advancements in anthropology, medicine, psychology, pedagogics, physics, chemistry, cybernetics, biology, cosmology, ecology, etc., serve as a basis for solution of corresponding belief problems. To understand this question better, it is useful to solve religious education multiple choice questions; finding correct answers for such questions will help get a clear insight into the matter.
Nevertheless, content of knowledge not only comes to philosophical aspect; a system of this knowledge comprises sociological, psychological, historic, semiotic, linguistic, and other components that provide insight into particular sides of object with the help of sufficient theories and methods. Religious book reviews can shed light on some points regarding the above-mentioned content.
There are theoretical and historical studies of religion; the former work out a conceptual framework, offer conceptions of object, etc., the latter create diachronous and synchronous images. Theoretical kind is also connected with empirical one: in this case, it is highlighted that theoretical one examines essence and primary regularities, and empirical kind deals with phenomena of religion - frequent topics in religious studies articles.
Among religious dogmata, one can distinguish between confessional and nonconfessional forms. Those currents, which are presented by theologists and other researchers, who are not theologists but favor worldview of religion, belong to spiritual dogmata. When this occurs, religion is being considered from within; its study is directly linked with spiritual interests. Nonconfessional currents are based on other initial worldview principles; they approach religion from outside and try to keep a distance from any confession. Possessing this information, you can consider it as religious studies homework help.
Modern studies of religion include the following functions of religion:
- Worldview function lies in delivery of world perception, from religion to man (explanation of world in general), world outlook (reflection of world in sensation and apprehension), world perception (emotional acceptance and rejection), world attitude (evaluation). Spiritual worldview establishes confines of world, the so-called "templates" that help to understand world, society, person; at the same time, person's teleologism is being provided. Frequently, we can find out more about worldview function when reading religious articles.
- Existential function of religion consists of its inner support of a person for whom it is presented as sense-making factor. Man is a being with "causality instinct". He/she is not satisfied only with contentment of their physiological requests; their conceptual thinking, getting distracted from variety of visible manifestation, tries to understand its own origin, origin of world, and human destiny. These are philosophical questions, and religion is one of sources to answer them. Religion serves as support and critical importance for millions of believers who also prefer to familiarize themselves with various religious writings.
- Integrating role of religion involves uniting society around some principles and directing it towards specific development path.
- Political role of religion is in its ability to have an impact on state system of civil society. For example, in some societies, during specific life stage, religion may act as symbol of consecration of regime, deification of ruler and bestowal of the highest order to him.
There exist three scientific approaches to studying religion:
- Confessional. Those scientists, who adhere to such approach, belong to specific confessions (churches, religions).
- Atheistic or naturalistic one that considers faith of people in God as a mistake - temporary phenomenon, which, nevertheless, takes place in history.
- Phenomenal approach - when religion is described and studied out of alignment with problem of existence or non-existence of God.
Structure and elements of religion are the following:
- origin of religion.
Natural-science approach to human origin and appearance of religion can be summarized in a certain way: ancient people, observing and comprehending surrounding world, understood that there was no chaos, but well-ordered universe. This approach surmises religion as exceptionally human product, especially in light of ideas about Big Bang theory and origin of species. Traditional approach to human origin is quite simple - man is created by God, and religion is given to the former as God's rules.
Taking into account all functions of the given subject, one can complete almost any type of assignment in this sphere. In case, it is not possible to finish your paper on time, then you can purchase term paper online.
Essay writing on religious topic, as well as any other kind of essay, supposes choice of topic as the first step. These days, religious studies coursework may cover wide range of different topics. Let us point out some of them:
- Does Religion Cause Progress of Mankind or Vice Versa?
- Religion in my Family.
- How Does Religion Have an Impact on Historical Events?
- Feasts and their Role in Life of Modern Society.
- Which Religion is close to me and why?
- My Attitude towards Atheism.
Archeological data give evidence that, from the very beginning of history, people had some spiritual sensation. In point of fact, reports of spiritual practice are one of the most important criteria of identification whether prehistorical mortal remains belong to man or not.
For instance, gospel of Neanderthals can be proved out with existence and nature of their burial places: specific rituals accompanied funerals, the dead were given gifts: weapon, jewelry, and even food; all this suggests faith in afterlife and fact that the dead can influence living people. In human history, every society relied on religion. Despite knowledge that religion demands a sacrificial way of life, it has remained. As a matter of fact, even the so-called atheistic groups possessed distorted religiosity with their own symbols, ruling ideology, and cult of personality. All these facts may be thoroughly discussed in religious studies thesis paper.
When writing your paper, do not forget about an appropriate structure. Your essay should include such parts as outline, introduction, main body, and conclusion. Although, when fulfilling your assignment, you may need religious education homework help. If you turn for help to online services, make sure to provide sufficient information about your paper instructions so they all are met in full.
From time to time, such thought as "how to write a good religious studies essay" arises in heads of those students who have been given this kind of assignment. It is normal "phenomenon" because contemporary students are people who need to accomplish huge variety of other not less important things. In that case, Pro-Papers.com writing service is the best assistant. In addition, if you need some help with coursework, university assignments, etc., our team of qualified writers will provide you with papers, which are free from grammatical blunders and plagiarism; at the same time, you are free to ask for religious thesis statement examples to be sure of our qualitative service. It is also worthy to mention that all papers are being delivered on time. Pro-Papers.com may even offer you religious resume examples if you have to compose a CV of this kind. Buy your paper at Pro-Papers.com and you will never regret this decision.
|Writing from scratch|